Northland Fire proudly carries the Ansul fire extinguisher product line. Ansul portable fire extinguishers come with extra features without the additional cost: welded steel shells, high-quality components, rugged exterior finishes, warranties up to 12 years and more. Inside, fast-acting ABC, BC, PK and foam agents, carbon dioxide, FE-36 clean agent and water make sure you're ready for the widest range of class A, B, C, D & K fires. Northland Fire & Safety will help choose what will best fit your needs.
- SENTRY - the most common type of fire extinguisher. When economy and performance are equally important, select from the SENTRY line of stored pressure, hand portable fire extinguishers. Agents include dry chemical, carbon dioxide, and water
- RED LINE - cartridge-operated extinguishers are the premium fire fighting units preferred by safety directors in high fire-risk industries. Agents include dry chemicals and powders.
- CLASS K - K-Guard fire extinguishers contain ANSULEX liquid fire suppressant to quickly knock down the flames, form a vapor-securing blanket, and cool the grease and surrounding surfaces
- CLEAN GUARD - hand portable fire extinguishers contain DuPoint FE-36 where the agent must clean, electrically non-conductive, environmentally friendly, extremely low toxicity and exceptionally effective.
- RED LINE WHEELED - extinguishers are designed to protect high fire-risk areas where the potential for large fires exists. Agents include dry chemicals, dry powders, carbon dioxide, and alcohol resistant AFFF. These units are typically used at airports, heavy industrial plants, refineries, pipelines, steel mills, paint spray booths, and manufacturing areas.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING SEMINARSNorthland Fire offers fire extinguisher training seminars to ensure proper use and understanding of common hand-held and wheeled fire extinguishers. Trainees will learn the proper techniques to effectively use a fire extinguisher on any class of fire they are faced with. Hands-on training is valuable to save lives and property when small fires ignite.
CLASSIFICATIONS of FIRES and EXTINGUISHERS
- CLASS A fires involve ordinary combustible materials, such as cloth, wood, paper, rubber, and many plastics. Extinguishers with an A rating are designed to extinguish fires involving these ordinary combustible materials.
- CLASS B fires involve flammable and combustible liquids such as gasoline, alcohol, oil-based paints, lacquers. Therefore, extinguishers with a B rating are designed to extinguish fires involving flammable and combustible liquids.
- CLASS C fires involve energized electrical equipment. Extinguishers with a C rating are designed for use with fires involving energized electrical equipment.
- CLASS D fires involve combustible metals, such as magnesium, titanium, and sodium. Extinguishers with a D rating are designed to extinguish fires involving combustible metals.
- CLASS K fires involve vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats in cooking appliances. Extinguishers with a K rating are designed to extinguish fires involving vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats utilized in commercial cooking appliances.